Monday, July 28, 2008

For my Mummy

Mummy discovered my 2.55 over the weekend and took my speedy hostage because she reckoned that I have FAR too many bags and "Jesus said that we must share".

She even swapped her current wallet to an LV one to match.

(By the way, my mum has all these random designer wallets / coin purses / key pouches which she keeps untouched in her drawer. All of them are still wrapped their original packaging. She says that they are all gifts collected over the years and that she will use them one by one after the current one gets too old, but we all know that a wallet can easily last for at least 6 years or more. My brother suspects that the entire loot is actually our inheritance.)

I was a little bit upset initially cos the speedy is my trusty weekend bag; I can throw in my book, sunnies, cardi, everything and go. But then I saw my mum sitting outside the gate on Saturday afternoon, painstakingly cleaning all our shoes so that the insides don't get dusty and mouldy and my selfish heart melted.


"This is only one-third of your shoe collection. This house has no more space. If you want to buy more shoes, buy a new house first so you can keep them."

- Words of wisdom, The Mummy


But alas, I must have made a face of sorts earlier that day (before the shoe cleaning incident) so when I came home on Saturday, I found my speedy bag wrapped in its dustbag inside my closet. My poor Mummy!! She says its OK but I will buy her her own speedy for her birthday, even if I have to eat bread and drink water everyday from now til then.

My mum is a wonderful person, even though she is neurotic and demented and used to scare the shit out of me when I was younger. I don't appreciate her as much as I should and I am very ashamed of myself over this episode.

Sometimes I think about the day when my mum won't be around anymore and I can't go to her for advice or comfort or just to chat about rubbish things. And it gets me so down that I don't want to think any further. No matter how old we get, there's nothing like a mummy to bring out the little child in you.


Location: 14th floor of misery
Current Condition: sad & ashamed
Music: none

No comments: