Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm free like a bird!

The Boss finally accepted my letter on Friday evening. Relief is me! He gave me a sad-puppy look but living with Sparky Ling has made me resilient against caving in and giving out excessive doggie treats. In 2 months' time, I will be out of this misery!!
Time for disclaimer: I do like everyone, it's a nice office and all, and the decision is completely business, nothing personal. I'm just not doing what I really want to do.

Separately, I'm supposed to go to Manila for an M&A. It's nail-bitingly scary cos I have no idea what goes on with one of these things and furthermore, I will be going alone!!! Boss is supposed to give me a crash-course later today and tomorrow morning, off I go. Man, this is so different from shopping for Prada bags, ya'noe! Still, must embrace the opportunity to travel and broaden one's mind and also get some shopping done and of course learn whatever I can from this experience. Good thing is, even if I f**k up completely, they can't exactly fire me right?

I still think Boss is making a huge mistake by investing in me right now though. Seems a little too much too late and also am wondering why he doesn't want to send someone more experienced (who is actually staying in the company) over for this great opportunity. We had reviews by Global S&M Director last Friday. I rated "career opportunities and work environment" the lowest amongst my peers and the GSMD picked on it and asked me why. Boss frowned at me across the table. But Mummy always told me never to lie.


Location: 14th floor of misery (not for long!!)
Current Condition: relieved
Music: none

No comments: