Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life's little accidents

I don't know if many of us recall that episode in Sex and The City when Carrie is mortified after farting in bed next to Mr. Big. Well, I just upped the ante and farted in the lift.

It really was an accident. My tummy felt weird, like it was full of gas while I was getting the lift down from the office and I was just stoning when two puffs of air suddenly just escaped, like "poot poot". (Note to reader: it was not smelly!!) The lift walls are mirrored so you could just see everyone's shocked reaction and then some mental games of "who did that? shit was it me? no i don't think so, damn is it that girl next to me."

I have no idea if anyone knew it was me; I'm completely sure a couple near me knew but everyone was extremely poker-faced about the whole incident and I was so glad when the lift finally reached my floor and I could escape.

The Boyfriend sent me a really loving text:

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, Although you fart a lot, I still love you."

Such a sweetie.

Location: 14th floor of misery
Current Condition: embarrassed
Music: none, "poot poot" is still echoing in my mind

No comments: