Monday, September 15, 2008

For Mature Viewers Only

Still no photos of HK cos I'm in the office right now and this time I have my cable but no camera... pooey!

But on to more serious stuff...

We have a really close couple-friend who are our dearest and bestest; the world's loveliest couple and it's always great to spend time with them cos we always know we are in for a no-pressure, no-competition evening. We have been talking about house-hunting for ages, comparing notes, and pumping each other for information, etc.

Recently, the couple-who-must-not-be-named surprised us after dinner by bringing us to their newly bought apartment!!! Their new place is really cosy and has a gorgeous view. Plus, it has the advantage of being surrounded by quiet scenery and yet still accessible to the main road via a side gate.

The BF and I spent like 30mins oh-aah-ing over the place and we took loads of pictures which I can't post up, of course. Then BF said, "I am so envious of you guys, but in a good way cos I'm now even more inspired than ever to start my house-hunting for real."

While we are really happy for the couple-who-must-not-be-named for finding their dream place, it was a wake-up call for BF and me to get off our asses and start doing something towards procuring a place of our own. The reality of growing up seems to be closing in on us with so many recent engagements and friends signing away their CPF to home loans.

The couple-who-must-not-be-named was really sweet in sharing their house-hunting experiences and tips, and even the costs involved. But I can't help freaking out a little cos it's really time to make all these big, huge-sums-of-money-involving decisions and I'm beginning to feel like I'm lagging behind and a little stupid for not knowing how much I want to pay for how many psf, how the market is doing, which banks to go to for the best home-loans, etc.

Grrrr...

Thank goodness for the couple-who-must-not-be-named who quite frankly told us over beer and buffalo wings, "You know, we bought this place cos we love it. But after this, we have no idea what we really want to do."

Location: 14th floor of misery
Current Condition: sleepy
Music: none

No comments: