Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hong Kong and me

Back from Hong Kong and while it wasn't the best vacation ever since BF was working most of the time, it was good to just get away from work, watch bad daytime TV and spend some monopoly money.

3 days is not enough for shopping in Hong Kong though! On Sharon's advice we went to check out Rise at Grandville Road. It was surprisingly expensive and most of the clothes were obviously made for petite girls (we saw so many Joey-s in the building itself)! It was a Sunday so not all the shops were opened so that trip was a bit of a disappointment.

Sunday night was really really good, probably the highlight of the trip. We met Su for dinner at Yung Kee and had a really good time catching up over a bottle of wine at The Peak Bar. It was so good to see Su again after so long and have a such fabulous conversation. Plus, the setting was just amazing; walk through an alley, climb some never-ending stairs and you reach back in time to small quaint shops and little eating places. Soho is really an amazing road to just walk along on a weekend morning and have brunch. Move over Siglap, you have been replaced! :)

Monday was great cos of:












BF was initially reluctant for me to head down to Mongkok by myself cos the last time he left me there, I ended with up two baskets of clothes. But I promised to limit myself to only HK$1,000.00 and finally he left for work. Ok, ok, the bill came up to HK$1,200.00 but he was none the wiser and anyway, I forced myself to remove at least 3 items from my basket before I went to the check-out counter. You have no idea how painful that was for me, sweetie!


I was really hoping against hope that we could extend to Wednesday so that BF and I could have a really nice dinner together on Tuesday night but he had to get back to work and so we flew back with me sulking on Tuesday evening.


Good news is, if all the schedules work out, the couples Subes and Drou might have a joint vacation in Hong Kong come October! Yay!!


Pictures in next post (don't have my camera cable with me right now!)...


Location: BF's house
Current Condition: sleepy
Music: none

2 comments:

Irony said...

Why Oct? Why not Nov or Dec? I wanna go tooo!!!!!

Stone-less Fairy said...

Cos the boys are going in Oct and they were making plans to meet up in HK, so Sue and I self-invited ourselves for a free trip!! Haha, come along with Phang in Oct then.