Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Not-So Naked Chef

I haven't cooked since Brisbane but since the parents were away, I offered to make a home-cooked meal for the Boyfriend last evening at my place. I was a little nervous about the whole thing, especially after a 4-year hiatus so I made sure that the Bismac and Lomotil pills were on-hand in case of emergencies.

The verdict? The Boyfriend gave his thumbs-up; his only complaint was that the sugar peas were a bit overcooked but I can live with that.

It was fun though, playing house together. Shopping for groceries made the whole experience more real. My only gripe was the Boyfriend's penchant for expensive wines. His selected bottle of red cost more than the ingredients + water & electricity bill. No supermarket plonk for this guy.

Mission accomplished - the Boyfriend was more relaxed last evening than I have seen him for the past couple of months. Determined to pamper him, I did the cooking, dishing up and cleaning after while he killed alien creatures on his laptop with his precious bottle of wine next to him.

We have both been stressed out at work recently and nit-picking at each other; basically just a train-wreck waiting to happen so last evening was a good "make up" session for both of us. We were full of sweetness to each other and it kinda brought me back to the days of before when it was just us against the world. (Note to self: stop taking BF for granted and pamper him more)

He was still smiling as we snuggled down for the night in our jim-jams and he turned to me and said, "Thank you for such a wonderful evening and for being so sweet and making me feel so pampered."

Then just before he flipped open the newspapers, he added, "But please don't turn back into monster girl tomorrow morning if I can't wake up on time."

Location: 14th floor of misery
Current Condition: lazy
Music: none

3 comments:

Irony said...

did cooking (well more like re-heating) at my place the other day help re-ignite you're home maker's instinct? hehehehehehe

Stone-less Fairy said...

Haha, not really. Just that we had the place free and wanted to do a trial run on how we are going to cope with working and playing house in future. Its damn tiring though!

Anonymous said...

ah, the joys of the home maker.. I'm sure the first time is always tough .. I think as with everything, once it becomes a routine, it all becomes a lot easier and you''ll figure a way to juggle it all. Its something in built in all of us i think .. if cannot, then quit your job la! hehehehehehehe