Wednesday, September 3, 2008

One year older

Do you find that the older you get, the more you just want to spend your birthday in a quiet way, with people who really mean something in your life? The number of presents you get to unwrap or how many times you get to blow candles out on a birthday cake doesn't really matter anymore.


I re-read the posts on last year's celebrations and while I wouldn't go back in time and change anything, I have to say that this year was quieter and just as significant.

We had a late night KTV session with the Ninjas last Friday and everyone was still sober enough at 5am to drive home. Saturday dinner was for my folks and Sunday was for his folks. Tuesday after work, we just had a nice quiet dinner at Kuriya and ice-cream to follow and today, we had a simple zhi char meal with a surprise (for him) appearance by his best friend&new-family.

Now we sit side by side, with 30mins left to his birthday and he is busy killing alien creatures on his computer, swigging his beer in between and I am typing this out for posterity. I feel complete. One year older, one year wiser and more wonderful years ahead.

Thank you God for all the many blessings you have showered upon us and for giving me the gift of an angel's love.
Happy Birthday sweetheart. I hope I made it just as special for you, as you did for me.

Location: bf's place
Current Condition: contented
Music: none

No comments: