Sunday, November 16, 2008

Is there such a thing as too much alcohol?

Tonight the FILs had a community drinks party and BF and I were invited to go along. FBIL left early but BF and I stayed on to hog the free bar and make the most of the S$10 entrance fee we each were charged.

While I would say BF was def more embarrassing than me, sprouting nonsense at the end of the party and acting a la Merlion the minute we got home, I must say that 7 drinks got me sufficiently talkative and FMIL and I had a good time to catch up and have a heart to heart conversation about life, marriage, friends etc.

It was great but I can't help but cringe and wonder if I did anything out of character or embarrassing. All the time as we were walking home, I was reciting one mantra in my head, "Walk in a straight line. Walk in a straight line."

However, methinks if I can type this out with no gross grammatical or spelling mistakes, then I shouldn't have much to worry about. Dear readers, please let me know!

P.S. Bartender was a really nice and friendly chap so if anyone out there is looking for a freelance one for a party, let me know!


Location: BF's house
Current Condition: talkative
Music: none

1 comment:

Irony said...

Goodness me, it really sounds like you had a great time. I don't think I'll ever be able to be comfy enough to drink in front of FILs.

I'm sure you did fine girl. You're not one who would spout silly things when tipsy. :)